The Winner’s Circle
- 2019 Poetry Day Contest Winners
Merit Award – Mark Hotchkiss accepts PRA’s Merit Award from Frieda Patton in honor of Karen Hayes. SNA winners – Dennis Patton announced the winners of the Sybil Nash Abrams Poetry Contest: L to R — Dennis Patton, John McPherson, Dr. John Crawford, Sketer Michaels, Laura Bridges, and Cathy Moran (Sara Gipson, not pictured)
- 2019 NFSPS Winners
- 2019 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration Contest Winners
- 2019 Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Contest Winners – Press Release
2019 Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Contest Winners Pictured L to R are: Pat Durmon (PRA Judge from Norfork, AR), Jo McDougall (Arkansas Poet Laureate from Little Rock), Gabriel Bass (1st Place winner of $500 from Hot Springs Village, AR), Olivia Burnett (2nd Place winner of $300 from Lynchburg, VA), Emma Barnes (3rd Place winner of $200 from Alexander, AR), Dennis Patton (PRA President from Alexander, AR), and Roger Carter (JDC sponsor from Hot Springs, AR).
- 2019 Sybil Nash Abrams Student Contests Winners
Junior/Senior Division Group L-R back row – Jo McDougall (Arkansas Poet Laureate), Frieda Patton (Student Contest Co-Chair), Jordyn Caston (2nd place, SR Division), Brooke Elliott (3rd place, SR Division), Madeline Dalton (3rd HM, JR Division), Dennis Patton (PRA President)
L-R front row – Makayla Blankenship (3rd place, JR Division), Addison Glaze, (1st HM, JR Division), and Kiersten Priddy (1st Place, JR Division)
Benton Middle School Winners Four Benton Middle School students place in the 2019 Sybil Nash Abrams Student Contest (Junior Division). All four students attend classes under the instruction of Ms. Teresa Bond. (L-R Bella Crowe-2nd Honorable Mention; Addison Glaze-1st Honorable Mention; Dennis Patton, President of PRA; Makayla Blankenship-3rd place; and Mackenzie Burt-2nd place)
- 2018 Poetry Day Contest Winners
- 2018 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Winners
- 2018 Arkansas State Fair Best-of-Show Poetry Winners – Press Release
2018 Arkansas State Fair Best-of-Show Poetry Winners Donna Nelson
(Adult Best-of-Show Poetry Winner)
(Senior Youth Best-of-Show Poetry Winner )
(Junior Youth Best-of-Show Poetry Winner)
- 2018 Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Awards
- 2018 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration Contest Winners
- 2018 Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Winners Press Release
Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas (PRA) has announced the winners of its 2018 statewide Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Contest (JDC). Pictured left to right in the below group photo are: PRA President Dennis Patton, Arkansas Poet Laureate Jo McDougall, 3rd Place Winner Alexandra Borchardt from Arkansas State University, 1st Place Winner Jake Sawyer from University of the Ozarks, JDC Sponsor Roger Carter, and JDC Contest Chair Donna Smith. The separate photo is 2nd Place Winner Meleah Perez from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.PRA also congratulates 3 Honorable Mentions: 1HM – Lindsey Walker from the University of Central Arkansas, 2HM – Rebecca Albert from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and 3HM – Samuel Cross-Meredith from John Brown University in Siloam Springs.
- 2018 SNA Student Contest Press Release
- Dennis Patton, President of PRA, delivers certificates/awards to students who did not attend the 2018 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration. (Not pictured is Grace Rew – Senior Division – 3rd HM.)
2017 and 2016 Winners
- 2017 Poetry Day Winners
- 2017 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Contest Winners
- 2017 Terza Rima Sonnet Contest Winners
- 2017 NFSPS Winners
- 2017 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration Contest Winners
- 2017 Jeannie Dolan Carter Collegiate Poetry Contest
Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas announced the winners of its 2017 Jeannie Dolan Carter Collegiate Poetry Contest on Saturday, April 22nd at the Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration in Benton, Arkansas. The statewide contest was open to students in Arkansas colleges between January 1st and March 15th.The 2017 winners are:
1st Place ($500) – Ellie Black of Hendrix College in Conway (from Clarksville, AR) for her poem, “reading the virgin suicides out loud”.
2nd Place ($300) – Dennison Schultz of UofA Fayetteville (from Cabot, AR) for his poem, “PULSE”.
3rd Place ($200) – Anushah Jiwani of Hendrix College in Conway (from Little Rock, AR) for her poem, “Halwa”.
- Visit the Poetry Day Winners page for 2016’s contest victors!
- 2016 St. Fair BOS Winners Press Release
Joe Boone-2016 St. Fair BOS Youth Winner
- 2016 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Contest Winners