The Winner’s Circle
- 2018 Poetry Day Contest Winners
- 2018 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Winners
- 2018 Maureen Egen Writers Exchange Awards
- 2018 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration Contest Winners
- 2018 Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Winners Press Release
Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas (PRA) has announced the winners of its 2018 statewide Jeannie Dolan Carter Memorial Collegiate Poetry Contest (JDC). Pictured left to right in the below group photo are: PRA President Dennis Patton, Arkansas Poet Laureate Jo McDougall, 3rd Place Winner Alexandra Borchardt from Arkansas State University, 1st Place Winner Jake Sawyer from University of the Ozarks, JDC Sponsor Roger Carter, and JDC Contest Chair Donna Smith. The separate photo is 2nd Place Winner Meleah Perez from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.PRA also congratulates 3 Honorable Mentions: 1HM – Lindsey Walker from the University of Central Arkansas, 2HM – Rebecca Albert from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and 3HM – Samuel Cross-Meredith from John Brown University in Siloam Springs.
- 2018 SNA Student Contest Press Release
- Dennis Patton, President of PRA, delivers certificates/awards to students who did not attend the 2018 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration. (Not pictured is Grace Rew – Senior Division – 3rd HM.)
2017 and 2016 Winners
- 2017 Poetry Day Winners
- 2017 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Contest Winners
- 2017 Terza Rima Sonnet Contest Winners
- 2017 NFSPS Winners
- 2017 Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration Contest Winners
- 2017 Jeannie Dolan Carter Collegiate Poetry Contest
Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas announced the winners of its 2017 Jeannie Dolan Carter Collegiate Poetry Contest on Saturday, April 22nd at the Dr. Lily Peter Spring Celebration in Benton, Arkansas. The statewide contest was open to students in Arkansas colleges between January 1st and March 15th.The 2017 winners are:
1st Place ($500) – Ellie Black of Hendrix College in Conway (from Clarksville, AR) for her poem, “reading the virgin suicides out loud”.
2nd Place ($300) – Dennison Schultz of UofA Fayetteville (from Cabot, AR) for his poem, “PULSE”.
3rd Place ($200) – Anushah Jiwani of Hendrix College in Conway (from Little Rock, AR) for her poem, “Halwa”.
- Visit the Poetry Day Winners page for 2016’s contest victors!
- 2016 St. Fair BOS Winners Press Release
Joe Boone-2016 St. Fair BOS Youth Winner
- 2016 Arkansas State Fair Poetry Contest Winners