Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study of poetry and the encouragement of poets.
Membership dues are $20 per year for regular members, or $15 per year for students (under 18) and seniors (65 and over). New, first-time individuals joining between January 1 and June 30 will pay half price membership dues. If a former member pays late anytime during the year, it is full price. The fiscal year runs July 1 through June 30. In order to have your name listed on the membership roster in the annual Yearbook, dues must be paid by July 1. You do not have to be an Arkansas resident to join PRA. Out-of-state poets are welcome. Checks should be made out to PRA and sent to:
Jim Barton, Treasurer
PO Box 263
Huttig, AR 71747
Please include your name, address, phone number, and email address (if you have one).
For general information about joining a PRA branch contact:
Membership Records: Kate Lacy
What are the benefits of membership?
- Members are automatically eligible to enter all PRA contests.
- Members receive the annual Yearbook which lists contest details, important dates to remember, contact information, and more.
- Members are eligible to publish their poems in the PRA Anthology.
- Members are provided the quarterly PRA newsletter, News ’n Notes, which includes branch updates, contest listings, and more.
- Members automatically belong to the National Federation of State Poetry Societies (NFSPS). The NFSPS sends out a quarterly newsletter, Strophes, listing additional contest opportunities.
What are my membership dues used for?
- Membership dues cover the costs of certain contest awards, and costs associated with hosting the Spring Luncheon and Poetry Day Celebration. Dues also go toward printing and distributing the annual Yearbook, the newsletter, and other printed materials.