These contests are only open to PRA members. To become a member, mail your annual dues to Frieda Patton, Membership Coordinator.
- Beginning September 2022, poems must be postmarked by the first Saturday of the month.
- Members may enter one poem per month with a limit of 36 lines unless directions are otherwise.
- Entries must be mailed to: Renee Ramsey, 249 Garden Lane, Floral, AR
- Poem must be original, unpublished.
- Two copies; place name and address on one copy only in the upper right corner.
- Winners receive a check for $15, $10, $5 and are listed on the web site.
- Three HMs may or may not be awarded. Contest results are to be announced by the end of the month.
Entries should be mailed to:
249 Garden Lane
Floral, AR 72534
Winners receive a check of $15, $10, or $5. For previous Monthly Member Contest winners, see here.
MONTHLY MEMBERS’ CONTESTS
- September: Subject – Elders; Form – Free verse
- November: Subject – Any; Form – Rhymed; 24 line limit
- December: Subject – Special gift; Form – Free verse; 28 line limit
- January: Subject – Any; Form – Etheree
- February: Subject – Any; Form – Hexaduad; line limit 12
- March: Subject – Any; Form – Free verse
- May: Subject – Pets; Form – Any
- June: Subject – Any; Form – Free verse; 36 line limit
- July: Subject – The moon; Form – Pantoum; 24 line limit
- August: Subject – Any; Form – Rhyming couplet; 24 line limit