These contests are only open to PRA members. To become a member, mail your annual dues to Cathy Moran, Membership Coordinator.
- You must be a member of the Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas to enter these monthly contests.
- Members may only enter one poem per month.
- There is no entry fee for these contests.
- Poems must be postmarked by the second Saturday of the month.
- Submissions need to meet the subject, form, and line limit guidelines for that particular month.
- There is a limit of 36 lines when the monthly contest does not specify a line limit.
- Poems must be original and unpublished.
- Submit two copies of your poem.
- Place your name and address in the upper right corner of only one copy of your submission.
Entries should be mailed to:
249 Garden Lane
Floral, AR 72534
Winners receive a check of $15, $10, or $5. For previous Monthly Member Contest winners, see here.
MONTHLY MEMBERS’ CONTESTS
- September: Subject – Any; Form – Haiku sequence (5-7-5); 15 line limit
- November: Subject – Any; Form – Cameo; 7 lines
- December: Subject – What I’ve learned; Form – Free verse; 32 line limit
- January: Subject – Any; Form – Diamante; 7 lines
- February: Subject – Colors of the sky at rising or setting of the sun or moon; Form – Triolet; 8 lines
- March: Subject – Any; Form – Free verse; 36 line limit
- May: Subject – Any; Form – Prose poem; 24 line limit
- June: Subject – Survival in distress; Form – Elizabethan sonnet; 14 lines
- July: Subject – Any; Form – McDougall Moment; 12 line limit
- August: Subject – Any; Form – Ekphrastic, identify object in subtitle; 24 line limit