These contests are only open to PRA members. To become a member, mail your annual dues to the treasurer.
- You must be a member of the Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas to enter these monthly contests.
- Members may only enter one poem per month.
- There is no entry fee for these contests.
- Poems must be postmarked by the second Saturday of the month.
- Submissions need to meet the subject, form, and line limit guidelines for that particular month.
- There is a limit of 36 lines when the monthly contest does not specify a line limit.
- Poems must be original and unpublished.
- Submit two copies of your poem.
- Place your name and address in the upper right corner of only one copy of your submission.
Entries should be mailed to:
331 Beach Haven Road
Hot Springs, AR 71913
Winners receive a check of $15, $10, or $5. For previous Monthly Member Contest winners, see here.
MONTHLY MEMBERS’ CONTESTS
- September: Subject –A state of mind; Form – Etheree & reverse Etheree; 20 lines
- November: Subject – Starting over; Form –Anaphora; 12-16 lines
- December: Subject – Wishing on a star; Form –Free verse; 32 lines
- January: Subject – Any; Form –Sonnet (specify type)
- February: Subject – Harbinger of spring; Form – Minute
- March: Subject – Any; Form –Free verse
- May: Subject – Any; Form – Haiku (traditional or modern); 1 – 3 lines
- June: Subject – Love and war; Form – Any; 28 lines
- July: Subject – Any; Form – Any (must use words: flag, ice, sparkle, bucket); 20 lines
- August: Subject – Seasonal choices; Form- Free verse; 20 lines