These contests are only open to PRA members. To become a member, mail your annual dues to Cathy Moran, Membership Coordinator.
- You must be a member of the Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas to enter these monthly contests.
- Members may only enter one poem per month.
- There is no entry fee for these contests.
- Poems must be postmarked by the second Saturday of the month.
- Submissions need to meet the subject, form, and line limit guidelines for that particular month.
- There is a limit of 36 lines when the monthly contest does not specify a line limit.
- Poems must be original and unpublished.
- Submit two copies of your poem.
- Place your name and address in the upper right corner of only one copy of your submission.
Entries should be mailed to:
249 Garden Lane
Floral, AR 72534
Winners receive a check of $15, $10, or $5. For previous Monthly Member Contest winners, see here.
MONTHLY MEMBERS’ CONTESTS
- September: Subject – Any; Form – Sonnet; 14 lines
- November: Subject – Any; Form – Minute; 12 lines
- December: Subject – Automobiles; Form – Cinquain
- January: Subject – Great Expectations; Form – Free verse; 32 lines
- February: Subject – Any; Form – Haiku sequence, 15 lines, (5-7-5 standard form)
- March: Subject – Any; Form – Free verse
- May: Subject – Birds; Form – Cinquain sequence, 25 lines
- June: Subject – The McDougall Moment: a single moment; Form – 12 lines total in 3 stanzas. No rhyming.
- July: Subject – Humorous topic; Form – Any; 28 lines
- August: Subject – Any; Form- rhyming couplets; 24 lines