These contests are only open to PRA members. To become a member, mail your annual dues to Cathy Moran, Membership Coordinator.
- You must be a member of the Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas to enter these monthly contests.
- Members may only enter one poem per month.
- There is no entry fee for these contests.
- Poems must be postmarked by the second Saturday of the month.
- Submissions need to meet the subject, form, and line limit guidelines for that particular month.
- There is a limit of 36 lines when the monthly contest does not specify a line limit.
- Poems must be original and unpublished.
- Submit two copies of your poem.
- Place your name and address in the upper right corner of only one copy of your submission.
Entries should be mailed to:
249 Garden Lane
Floral, AR 72534
Winners receive a check of $15, $10, or $5. For previous Monthly Member Contest winners, see here.
MONTHLY MEMBERS’ CONTESTS
- September: Subject – Any; Form – Haiku sequence, 15 lines (5-7-5)
- November: Subject – Fall in Arkansas; Form – Elizabethan sonnet
- December: Subject – Humor about Christmas; Form – Any, 20 lines
- January: Subject – Night; Form – Minute
- February: Subject – Any; Form – Heroic Blank verse
- March: Subject – Any; Form – Free verse
- May: Subject – Poem for children; Form – Rhyming, 20 lines (must have well-defined rhyme and meter)
- June: Subject – Chocolate; Form -Free verse, 24 lines
- July: Subject – Community; Form – Any, 32 lines
- August: Subject – Any summer frolic; Form – Comic rhyme; 20 lines